Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mary Grace Cafe with Partner Iris

Natupad din ang wish ko! Nakakain din ako sa Mary Grace Cafe. You know kasi, I have been reading and seeing people posting photos or reviews about this cafe. Food looked yummy and the ambiance is sooo cozy. I have been asking my bestfriend, May, and hubby to go with me para makakain dito. All the time, fail. Imagine, ilang months ago ko pa gusto itry jan ha! Hehe.

Then early this week, my other best friend, Iris of Three Hand Star, told me that we can go out any time this month. Just tell her lang daw earlier so she can file for leave. So we set our date to Thursday, March 7.

So yesterday, no, it is 3AM na as I write this, and it is already Saturday, so 2 days ago, we met at SM Southmall. We met around 3pm na. Agad agad, we went to Mary Grace kasi gutom na kami pareho.
We chose to stay outside because I want to smoke. Yes! I do smoke. :)

So anyway, here's the entrance outside:

Outside Mary Grace Cafe.
I call Iris as "partner". It is like a term of endearment to each other. We came from an all girl school, St. Scholastica's College, Manila, so it's like a normal thing to us already. But we're not lesb or anything okay? Nothing against lesb, I have a lot of friends who are in that thing, I just want to clear lang that Iris and I are not. :)

Going back, the table outside was nice. Girly! Hehe. First, we ordered Mushroom Pate, Prawn Pasta with Mango Papaya Vinaigrette and Mushroom Cream Pasta. However, the waiter asked us if we're sure of our order. Kasi, mushroom na yung appetizer then mushroom pa yung pasta. He was kind enough to suggest a better option. Kesa nga naman maumay kami sa mushroom. Hehe. We didn't think of that.

I asked for their best seller. He suggested Cream Cheese & Artichoke Heart Dip and Onion Dip with Crispy Cassava Chips. Honestly, I was waiting for him to suggest Grilled Kesong Puti eh, nakakahiya naman, piliin namin yung hindi nya sinuggest. And may be, those two are really the customers' faves. So we went for the Onion Dip.

Since we are sharing for all the food that we ordered, the waiter told us, he can serve the salad and pasta separately na. Hahatiin na daw nila for us. Mas convenient nga naman. :)

Here's the photo of what we ordered:


Prawn Salad with Mango Papaya Vinaigrette.
Mushroom Cream Pasta
Onion Dip with Crispy Cassava Chips
They were all yummy. I'm an any food lover. So kahit ano, masarap! Wag lang atay! Haha! Cassava Chips were really crispy and it went well with the Onion Dip. The Prawn Salad was really flavorful. I'm not really a salad person but I liked it. Favorite ko kasi ang prawn siguro. Hehe. Lastly, the Mushroom Pasta was really creamy. Honestly though, it tastes like my Chicken Mushroom Pasta. Although mine doesn't have an essence of truffle. :D

I asked partner is she wants to order dessert. Parang ang sarap nung Mango Bene eh. I want that. And since partner told me na masarap yung Chocolate Cake nila, I wanted to try that too. So sabi ko, both nalang, if it's okay with her. 


Hanee: Anong gusto mo? Gusto mo Brownie Ala Mode?
Iris: Hmmm.. Pwede kaso mas mahal cya!
Hanee: Hmmm.. (Namimili...)
Hanee: Parang ang sarap, Mango Bene nalang. Pero gusto ko din ng Chocolate Cake. Dalawa nalang.
Iris: Sige! Sige!
Hanee (Tingin kay Iris, while saying) : Okay lang ba? Dalawa nalang ha. Para "magtikiman tayo". 

Iris and Hanee: (Tingin sa isa't isa sabay tawa ng malakas). Hahahahaha!!

Hanee: I will never ever say that to a friend ever again!! Hahaha. 
Iris: Haha, ang pangit pakinggan. 


Haha! Anyway, yes! We ordered both.

Chilled Mango Bene
Chocolate Cake
Both were a winner! Mango Bene is a sure hit for me. Mango balances to the sweetness of the whole cake. So saktong sakto lang, and malamig cya! Sarap! Chocolate Cake naman was sooo yummy. Soft chocolate chiffon plus caramel-y filling inside and chocolate-y outside. Nakakatakam ulit! :D

Took this pic. :D
From my ipad.
From partner's itouch.
I definitely recommend Mary Grace Cafe to you guys. Food's great! Tamang chill lang since the place is so cozy too. People who serve you in Mary Grace are so nice as well. Highly recommended.  

Never ending ang chikahan. Good food + Good company + Chikahan = Good Vibes! Love it! We both decided to meet once in a while and try to explore other resto's in the South. :D Sama pala natin si Jane, para di magtampo. Hehe. Missed you partner! And missing you again! :) 

Next stop, Shi Lin! :)

Mary Grace Cafe, SM Southmall
Upper Ground Floor, Food Street Area
SM Southmall, Alabang - Zapote Road,
AlmanzaUno, Las Pinas City
Tel. nos.: 823 - 7746 / 823 - 3197 / 823 - 2954
Mon - Sun 10:00AM - 9:00PM

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot of great reviews about Mary Grace Cafe. Am definitely making it as one of my to-visit places if I'm in Manila. Bonus points pa pag mga friends yung kasama mo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! You can try the menu we ordered or syempre anything you want. Okay din yata yung grilled kesong puti and Mushroom Pate. Well recommended naman ang Mary Grace eh. Share mo din para matakam kami! Haha.. :D

      Delete