Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Recipe 1: Dinakdakan

Last Sunday, I, John, Johann and family-in-law went to Mall of Asia. It was Ate Jaq's birthday last Saturday, February 26, 2011, that's why she decided to celebrate it in MOA. And so, we ate at Gerry's Grill. We ordered Dinakdakan, Lechon Kawali, BBQ, Grilled Chicken, Bulalo Soup and Sinigang Soup, and ofcourse rice and drinks.

It was my second time to actually eat Dinakdakan. Both times were from Gerry's Grill. I love it! The spiciness and creaminess combined. Heaven! So I then researched for recipes of this dish. I discovered that the usual ingredients for this recipe are pig's ear, tongue and liver plus brain. yay! I don't think I'd be able to eat that! Sorry, I'm not really fond of exotic food. :P

Anyway, I'm not really sure if what we ate in Gerry's Grill was a Dinakdakan with pig's ear, tongue and liver, because it tasted yum! While researching, I found out that there are other versions of Dinakdakan based from Ms. Kathleen's blog and username hungrynez in Petitchef. Instead of using pig's ear, tongue and liver, I can use liempo. :)

From username hungrynez in Petitchef.com, the ingredients in cooking Dinakdakan are:


(copy paste)


PORK DINAKDAKAN



1 kilo whole slab of pork liempo



1 tsp. ginger, minced

1 cup onion, finely chpped

3-4 pieces, red chili peppers, minced (or more)

1/4 cup calamansi juice (or more)

2 tbsp. mayonnaise

powdered black pepper

iodized salt




Wash pork liempo with running water and drain.



Rub pork liempo with salt and black pepper.



Leave for 30 minutes.



Meanwhile, mix ginger, onion, red chili peppers, mayonnaise and calamansi in a bowl. Set aside.



Grill pork liempo until well-cooked. Then, chop finely.



Pour on the mixture into chopped pork liempo.



Season with salt and pepper.



Serve!


Since I'm so tamad in listing them all down, I just posted it here. We never know, readers might crash into my blog someday and they might find this recipe interesting, right? 

Anyhoooo, I'd probably be cooking this dish, this coming Friday. or if hindi ako tinamad, I might cook it tomorrow. Hehe. Goodluck to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment