Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red Moon

It was reported earlier that tonight we'll have a "Red Moon". It is also called "The Total Lunar Eclipse". It is also said to be the longest lunar eclipse for a decade.. When I went outside awhile ago around 11:40pm, it was very cloudy. However, everytime the moon peaks, the darkness brightens up. Ang liwanag ng moon ngayon. Full moon pa!

I wanted to watch the moon while waiting for the Red Moon kaso the mosquitoes kept on biting me. I had to go inside and put alcohol on my legs and arms.. then put Off Lotion, (mejo nahuli lang) hehe.. But I will definitely go back outside in awhile.

In the reports, it said that it will be the longest right? It is because it will start 1:00am (June 16, 2011) and will end 7:00am na.. Plus a friend of mine, posted in my FB Wall;


Penumbral eclipse begins: 1:24 AM
Partial eclipse begins: 2:22 AM
Greatest eclipse: 4:12 AM
Partial eclipse ends: 6:02 AM
Penumbral eclipse ends: 7:00 AM

Thanks Mona!

Anyway, when I went outside kanina, I took some shots. Here are some of them..














Look how cloudy it was kanina? Well, let's see later if it would still be this cloudy. By the way, those shots were taken around 11:40pm June 15, 2011. The ring around the moon was kinda reddish nadin.

Later around 2am, I'll go outside and check the moon once again. I'll take photos and I'll post them here. I hope it's not too cloudy. Wish me luck! :)

Okay.. so when I went again outside around 3am, these are the pics I was able to capture.. :)





Look how reddish dark the surroundings during the Lunar Eclipse.. Creeping me out..


Ladies and Gentlemen.... The Red Moon.. :)

It's so amazing to witness this kind of eclipse. I was able to capture it pa! It's just so frustrating that I wasn't able to capture it using a better camera.. a DSLR cam is what I mean.. I've been wanting that for a long time.. However, I still thank my Sony Cybershot T300 for these amazing pictures! :)

Where you able to enjoy the Red Moon experience last night? :)


3 comments:

  1. nyay. ang creepy pala nung paligid nung nangyari yun. o_o sayang, tulog na tulog ako. hehe. pagod eh. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes partner.. creepy talaga.. parang sa movies lang.. haha.. reddish din kce yung paligid.. parang dark.. pero maliwanag.. hirap iexplain.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyahaha! "parang dark... pero maliwanag." medyo gets ko naman. ^_^ konek pa rin naman tayo kahit papano. haha!

    ReplyDelete